song: regarde-moi, celine dion
it’s the middle of summer, and when it’s this hot outside, you just know that if you step out with a full face of makeup, you’ll start dripping like one of the popsicles that you see children running around with. i’m a person who enjoys minimal makeup anyway, so i’ve created a quick guide to summer beauty.
- sunscreen is a must. do not skip this step. do you know what happens when you sunburn? your skin cells commit mass suicide in order to protect you from cancer caused by the damaged DNA. i don’t know about you, but i’m not about killing my skin.
- pack up the foundation. any foundations or heavy coverage makeup that you have must be zipped up and stored until colder months. keep a light coverage bb cream, and a concealer readily available though.
- bronzer and highlight, all day everyday. (light handed) glow and definition without that much work. need i say more?
- gold/copper shadow. gold looks good on everyone, and its the perfect addition for some nighttime flair.
- mascara/brows. both are a hit or miss for me. i was blessed with dark and long lashes, so i tend to just curl them for the day, and i leave my brows bare. (thank you, moroccan genes.)
- lipstick. if you ignore everything else that i’ve written, make this the point you don’t ignore. lipstick can 100% pull you together.
don’t feel obligated to do all of these things, it’s just a guideline. i mostly just go without makeup during the summer, but these are things that i do when i want to look better. i hope you enjoyed this post, kisses!